Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hello from Berlin!





This is a picture of me and my friends (I am in the middle, my friend Amanda I am studying abroad with is on the left, and our friend Christian on the right).  I am 22 years old, and go to the University of Cincinnati.  Through the study abroad program at UC, I am taking classes for a semester at Kunsthochschule Weissensee in Berlin, Germany.  I am studying Industrial Design (Product Design) and am finishing up my forth year of school in Germany.  After this semester I will return home, spend one semester co-oping, the last semester in school, and then GRADUATE!

I arrived in Berlin on March 21.  I am here with my friend Amanda and we have had a very busy first week in Berlin!  This is both of our first times out of the country and this is a very new experience for both of us.  Between not being familiar with the areas, and not fluent in Germany makes things very interesting.  One of my most common phrases I have used is "Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch" ( I speak very little German).  I am trying to learn and more as we are here.

We are settled in now, and living in a really cool hip neighborhood called Kreuzberg.  It is full of many different types of people and has enough restaurants and bakeries anyone could ever want!  I did not know what to expect before arriving but it is better than anything I imagined!

I am making this blog to document my adventures and share everything i experience with everyone! 

Tschüss,
Isabel!

No comments:

Post a Comment